ancient walls

Carpe Diem's Theme Week 4: (1) Latifa Prayer, introduction


This is a theme week at CDHK, Our host will guide us to explore the Latifa Prayer.  The following is the prayer.

I exist
I desire
I hope
I believe and I trust
I let go
I love
I am prepared



Our host has an explanation you can read here.  Or you can read this.  This is not a prayer or concept with which I am familiar.  It will be a real experience to learn about this approach to mediation, self growth and awareness.  My mind is still moving through Europe and the things we saw, the faith, the absence of faith, the grudges held over the centuries and the folks that just want peace.

ancient walls
covered in parables
speak to those who see

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock



Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


Comments

  1. Beautiful haiku Janice, one of your finest - and interesting summary of Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your high praise. Europe was fascinating.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Indeed... this one reminded me very much of the type of logia found in Gospel of Thomas, where Yeshu repeatedly says His words are ...'for those with ears'... Wonderful, Janice! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      YAM, I am sure that the scripture was influencing my muse as I wrote this.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful haiku and so true. It's wonderful to read how you experienced Europe. I hope to bring the Latifa Prayer to live at CDHK ... just to bring a little bit of Sufism, part of Islam, to learn to understand that all religions have something in common. By the way ... of course not to preach or giving a sermon. Only to bring the spirit of haiku .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the egos of people would get out of religion the way of true faith would show all the commonality. and you are not preachy....

      Delete
  4. This is so profound, Janice, one reads it over and over. Beautifully penned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tombstone

candle light

new born