believe, trust, let go

Carpe Diem Theme Week #4 (5 & 6): Latifa Prayer lines 4 & 5 "I believe and I trust" & "I let go"



Introduction:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Both lines are in the middle of the Latifa Prayer and that's no coincidence I think, because these two lines belong (in a way) together.  To "let go", you have to "believe and trust" that it will become okay. Without believe and trust you cannot let go.


my response
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have you ever done one of those team building exercises?  You know where you close your eyes and fall backwards into the waiting arms of the other members?  We did this with a group of kids we sponsored.  It went fine and no one hit the floor.  In my insane mind I decided to just randomly fall into my husbands arms.  He always caught me.  We were in our twenties at the time.  While visiting with our neighbors on their patio, once more I fell into my husband's waiting arms.  Only this time he was talking and did not see me.  I fell flat on the concrete.  The neighbors thought I had fainted.  My husband was apologizing to me.  I lay there laughing too hard to get up.  Unhurt but still trusting.


filled with trust
secure in belief
let go in faith

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


Comments

  1. Such a testament of genuine trust, Janice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the day I was falling from the ladder in 2013 I yelled and he caught me then, too. Always there for me.... I am one lucky old broad!

      Delete
  2. Let go in faith ... that's the spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tombstone

candle light

new born